Pre Wedding Photography in Prague
Hello, I am Petr, professional pre-wedding and wedding photographer from Prague, born in the Czech Republic. As a local Prague photographer I offer original photo sessions for couples in love. I speak english and czech. See my list of top Prague Places for Pre Wedding Photos.
How much does a pre-wedding photoshooting cost in Prague? Prices for pre wedding, engagement and other types of couple photos are the same. I offer three packages starting from 200 EUR. The wedding photography has the special different price-list.
- See above my portfolio of pre wedding photographs
- Professional make-up & hairstyle artist is for added price 150 EUR.
- Professional make-up&hair artist is going to your place of stay (hotel or apartment,…). If you don’t need service of make-up artist, you don’t have to use it. It is recommended to start process of make-up before sunrise to be able to start early with taking photos.
- Entrance fee to Vrtba garden (with great viewpoint above roofs of Prague) is for 60 EUR, but it is for free in the third (Gold) package. (We visit Vrtba garden only in Gold package, but if you want to add Vrtba garden to bronze or silver package, you must add entrance fee 60 EUR).
- We will visit the best places of Prague — the most famous locations you don’t have to miss for your Prague photographs. What places will we visit together?
- All photos are in full-size standard digital format JPG, sent by cloud service (click & download).
- Also, you will have possibility to see and to easily share (click & watch) your photos in online gallery (gallery will exist 1 month at least). Resend the link to your friends to easily share your photographs! No need to save and upload for you.
- All delivered photos are corrected (edited in professional programs Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Lightroom).
- No print included.
- You don’t have to pay any booking fee! But — please don’t block my time without your serious decision. Book your day after you are finally decided.
- Usual delivery time of edited photos is 1–3 weeks after photo session. If you are in a serious hurry with it, you can pay 50 EUR for extra quick high priority photo delivery.
- No flowers included, you can order bouquet of live flowers for 50 EUR, I will manage it and I will bring flower to our photo session.
- No videographer will be present (only photos are created, no movie).
- Dress service included only for big orders. For common sessions up to 450 minutes, bring your own clothes. You can change your clothes in longer type of photo session if you want to.
- You can pay by cash or by PayPal. Cash is preferred to avoid extra fee for money transfer and currency conversion of PayPal. More about payment.
- You can pay in EUR (euro, universal european money) or in CZK (czech crowns, home currency of the Czech republic).
- 90 minutes is rather short
- 3 hours are optimal for most of people
- 5 hours or more is recommended for photo enthusiasts and for people who want to change their clothes during the photo session
Longer photo session means more photos and more visited venues. We visit roughly 1 place per 30 minutes (time for move included).
See my list of top Prague Places for Pre Wedding Photos. I offer “The best of Prague routes”. The routes are in the center of Prague. They are the most favourite routes for prewedding photo sessions and generally for people from abroad. I will guide you in a route proven by my experiences through streets of Prague, where you will see the most famous places of Prague.
Other recommended places
We can change a route for your individual needs. Other recommended places are:
- beautiful parks of Prague: Vysehrad, Petrin, Havlíčkovy sady, Letna
- the heart of the city: Wenceslav Square with monumental statue of St. Wenceslav on his horse — in front of National Museum.
- going through typical historical streets of Prague, in Old Town, Lesser Town or in New World (near to Prague Castle)
- gardens around Prague Castle
Don’t be afraid. Everyone says it. I am professional (pre)wedding photographer, so I work constantly with “normal people” who are not used to act as models. That is why my approach is easy and entertaining. It should be not much about posing, but rather about your good experience, real emotions and fun. Each couple is different and there are also some cultural differences, so my approach is individual and adapting to each couple as much as possible. I already took pictures of wonderful couples from all the world. Some countries which I was hired for are:
- China, Hong Kong, Macau
- Czech Republic
- Great Britain
- United States
Don’t you see your own nation? Never mind, hire me and fix it!
In my opinion, warm months Spring to Autumn are recommended. Winter can be nice with snow, but snowing is unpredictable and it is rather cool temperature in winter time. See average temperature in Prague during days:
- January … ‑1 °C
- February … 1 °C
- March … 4 °C
- April … 9 °C
- May … 13 °C
- June … 16 °C
- July … 18 °C
- August … 17 °C
- September … 14 °C
- October … 9 °C
- November … 3 °C
- December … 0 °C
No days are bad, but I am often busy in typical czech wedding days: Friday, Saturday and Sunday (I am professional wedding photographer). So I recommend days Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday for cooperation with me.
Recommended time for photo session is early morning, starting with sunrise. It is the only time when center of Prague is not overcrowded by tourists. You can use your jet lag if possible — good way how not to be sleepy. Here you can find time of sunrise in Prague for your day.
Morning time is also good for light quality — the best direction of light is with low sun, so it is time around sunrise or sunset. Morning is much better for taking photos in center of Prague, because this is only time when streets are empty without people, rushing workers and crowds of tourists. An early morning is surely good choice if you prefer perfect photos rather than your sleeping comfort. Especially place around Prague Castle, Charles bridge and Old Town Square is overcrowded very soon. Some people are willing to take photos in the morning, but they fail, usually from these common reasons:
- tourists often underestimate travel time from hotel to the starting point of photo session, so they come with very significant delay
- tourists must wait for a breakfast in the hotel, but it is too late often, thousands of people will be in streets in the same time like you
- tourists hire make-up & hair-style artist, so the process of beauty improvement takes very long time
- man underestimates long time of self-preparation (make-up, selection of shoes and clothes) of woman (OK, but we face this situation every day, haha)
The morning is better than the evening. Preferred is sunrise. Reasons:
- Prague viewpoints and famous buildings are rather oriented to the east
- morning is the only time when center of Prague is not overcrowded by tourists
- in case of bad weather forecast we can reschedule the photo session to the evening
I am able to take pictures even in rainy conditions. Photos can be nice with raindrops, reflections in puddles and with mood of love in rainy day ;-) I recommend to take some umbrellas or I can take one big black umbrella for you, if you ask for it. If it is heavy rain, we can start taking photos later, e.g. in the afternoon. If you are available more than one day for your photo session, maybe I am available too (probably not on Friday, Saturday and Sunday), so we can even move the term possibly.
- If you want to use cheap public transport, we will meet here: station of underground train — green line A (metro stop) with name Malostranská: link to map
Then I will guide you 3 stops by tram to our starting point.
- If you want to use taxi service, we will meet directly at the starting place of photo session. If you come by taxi, we will meet at Hradčanské náměstí (Hradcanske square). It is the square in front of Prague Castle: link to map
In case of any problem, just contact me. The best way to contact me is to write message in WhatsApp, I will be online.
If you want to avoid long travelling through the city, choose the center. But it is the most expensive part of course. Public traffic is very cheap in Prague, if you want to use it, choose some place near the underground train station.
I can arrange make-up artist & hair-stylist (in one person) for you. She will come to your room in hotel or apartment. It takes two hours roughly. So it means you must wake up very early (recommended time for start of photo session is around sunrise). You should connect with her before your day, to communicate details directly with her.
You don’t need any car for 270 minutes route. Center of Prague is rather small and it is comforable to go by foot. Longer photo sessions include places more far away from the center, so you can use cheap public transport or Uber or other taxi serivce for it. You can use even historical car for tourist route for extra fee — in case of interest just let me know in advance.
Usually several hundred photos are created during the photo session. Some of them are test photos, some of them include your closed eyes or very similar photos to each other. I make a nice selection of the best photographs for you. It is about 1 selected photo per each 2 minutes of photo session (including walking from place to place).
Yes, it is possible to get unedited images in JPG format. I can send you unedited photos for extra 100 EUR. I don’t send original RAW format.
No, it will not be.
It is unusual thing — but: Yes, it is possible. But it would be only amateur video, I am photographer, not videographer. The resulted video will be unedited. In case of interest just inform me.
Wedding dress, gown, tuxedo, shoes… — depends on your needs. The typical prices in Prague salons are about 400 — 1,000 EUR. It is not easy and cheap to borrow some clothes, so I help clients with clothes only with bigger (longer) photo sessions (starting from 540 minutes). Contact me for more information.
Whatever. It can be both formal and informal. Some couples are happy with their casual clothes, some couples bring wedding dress, wedding veil, tuxedo.
If you want to change your clothes, take the more formal clothes as the first one. The first part of photoshoot is more formal, in front of monumental historical buildings of important part of city. Than you can change your clothes to some informal clothes because we will go to the nature, parks and river.
Yes, the price in price-list can be final. However, you can pay for some extra services:
- traffic (public traffic, taxi — Uber, vintage car, horse)
- special park entrance (Vrtba garden 60 EUR)
- make-up & hair-style artist (150 EUR)
- flower (50 EUR)
- high priority photos delivery (for quick post-process of your photos — 50 EUR)
- unedited photos (100 EUR)
- dress services (400 — 1,000 EUR)
Official currency in the Czech republic is czech crown (CZK). But you can pay in euro currency (EUR) or in czech crowns (CZK).
Definitely yes. Prague is beautiful city with fantastic historical center, you will love it. Prices for local photographer in Prague are generally speaking lower in comparison to other surrounding countries in Europe.
OK, this question is not real, it is only for fun :-)) But the answer is: CZECH BEER of course! We all drink beer and czech beer is the best beer in the world :-))
But remember — public toilets are closed before 7:30 AM, don’t drink too much! :-))
- comfort shoes are recommended, historical ground tiles are not great for women high heels. Women can take two pairs of shoes for changing during walking
- do not bring any big things with you (bags etc.), the photo session will be more pleasant for you without these things. If you have no things, I can take photos during your walk, naturally, so putting your thing on the ground & lifting them & keeping your eyes on them because of thieves — it is not good. You can put some small things into my bag (as mobile phones, make-up, bottle of water). Water recommended, most of shops are closed in early morning
- the first toilet opens at 7:30 AM at Prague Castle, toilets at underground train station are open at 6:00 AM.
- common and the simplest way of payment is in cash at the end of photo session (PayPal has roughly 10% extra fee for money transfer)
- there is security check at Prague Castle, do not bring any knives or nuclear weapons with you :-)
- if you have your photo session in some colder day, don’t underestimate the temperature! I think your face expression of comfort is much more important than your nice short skirt and bare shoulders — better to take some jacket or warmer clothes!
- just come and enjoy it — it is not only about taking photos and posing — it is about your nice experience!
For all questions about pre-weddings, engagement, proposal and other couples photo sessions, contact me using contact form, e‑mail or WhatsApp.
What are main reasons for taking photos before your wedding day?
Pre wedding in Prague is good training for you
Pre wedding photoshoot is good training for you before important photo session of your wedding day. Maybe you did not stay in front of camera of professional photographer never before, so you can try the feeling, try some different poses and actions, try to communicate with photographer. You will see final photos before your wedding day, so you will realize what pose or expression works for you and what you should rather avoid.
Differences of pre wedding vs. wedding photo session
Pre wedding photo session is a good opportunity for taking photos in another place than venue of your wedding day. It means prewedding and wedding photos will have very different look. It is not only about Prague as a foreign city. For some people it can be also difference of a urban look from Prague vs. nature look of their planned wedding day. I encourage you: try something different! Probably you will have wedding in another month than your visit of Prague, so the difference of weather season and climate of foreign country scores positive points for you too. Different city and country, different photographer, different approach, different day time and season, different weather and different clothes! How can you say your photos will be similar in your wedding day? Every photo shoot is different!
Enjoy pre-wedding in Prague without limitations!
One other advantage is related to the clothes — probably you will have very formal wedding dress for your wedding day. During your wedding day you will be limited in movement, because you will have to take care of your dress, to not tear it, to not get dirty. In your wedding you will be limited in running, jumping, leaning on the not-super-clean tree or wall. Why not to choose something different for your pre-wedding photoshoot? Take your usual informal clothes and do whatever you want to! Turn crazy, enjoy these moments without limitations, run through beautiful historic city of Prague full of enthusiasm. Yes, it is not only about your photos. It is about your experience. Just enjoy it!
Is prewedding photo session good for you?
If you are not a model or a television moderator, you are not used to stay in front of a camera. Maybe you have never stayed as a model for a professional photographer. As written above, you can take pre wedding photo session as a training before your actual wedding day. You will see approach of a professional wedding photographer, so you will be more confident for your real wedding day and finally you can learn something from your prewedding photos, so you will see which expression or idea you like and you can be inspired by it for the wedding day.
Difference between wedding and pre-wedding photos
Definitely prewedding photo shooting will be somehow different from your wedding photo shooting. Take it into your advantage, because you will have various photos! You can use informal clothes and lay down on a ground, lean against a tree or a wall, you don’t have to be afraid about cleanness of your clothes! You can do actions which are not possible in your wedding day. Enjoy it!
Pre wedding video presentation
Also, you can use your photos from prewedding photo session in printed book which you can show to your wedding guests. You will get slideshow of photos from me (Full HD video presentation with music), which is also good to turn on by a projector or display on some monitor during your wedding day.
For couples photos, the most important for me is your relationship, mood, emotions, fun and natural expressions. The goal is to capture great moments in your own life, not to direct you into dreadful fashion poses. The whole photo session is not about taking photos, but it is actually about you. Everything should be natural and relaxed, playful and in move. You can see in my Prague pre-wedding photos that smile is not enforced, hug is not directed. It is not about staring into a camera, rather it is about enjoying taking photos and spending good time!
I can help you with your make-up, hair-style, wedding dress, gown and tuxedo. However, if it is not your wedding day, your luxury clothes is not important. You can wear simple informal clothes and simple daily make-up. Wedding dress and high heels can cause pain and then it is visible in your face expression. As I always say: it is about you, not about fashion. Often I get great results with simple clothes and just enjoying the pre-wedding photo session (or honeymoon session etc.). On the other side — if you feel comfortable in your formal dress, you can take whatever you want to, of course I will not limit you!
It is not good idea to hide photographer in a bush. Let’s say to your girlfriend you have hired photographer for a photo session, but don’t speak about proposal. She will prepare herself with nice make-up and dress (you know, girls really want to look beautiful in photos). Surprise your girlfriend at the end of the photo session with engagement ring!